As with most of the careers in the professional world, counseling is a sector that offers a myriad of career options. Whether you want to work with children or adults, you can choose from a variety of specialisations. And the options are only limited by your imagination. There are options ranging from one-to-one adolescent mentoring to group counseling for children, adolescents and adults. You can work in a hospital, an NGO, a school, a home or a clinic. There are plenty of opportunities in each of these sectors.
Being a counselor in India is an exciting career that is unimaginable to most of us. One of the greatest benefits of this profession is that you get to travel the country, helping people who really need it in a most unique way.
While the field of counseling is becoming increasingly popular in Canada, the numbers of students seeking to enter the field is extremely low. Yet, according to the 2011 National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) statistics, there is a shortage of qualified school counselors in Canada, with just 6% of secondary school students and 9% of post-secondary school students seeking counseling.
Have you ever felt in your life that you needed someone to confide your problems to? It can be any problem, and all you need is someone to listen and help you solve it. You don’t always have to talk to your family or friends if you don’t want to. They have professionals who can listen to you and get you the help you need. If you think you can listen to people patiently and give them the right help, you should pursue professional training in this field and you can become a counselor in India. The profession of consultant is very prestigious and is one of the best careers. You can not only make money, but also help many people in need get rid of their problems. Generally, a caregiver will help you recover mentally rather than physically. To become a counsellor in India, you need to take a course in psychology or counselling. We offer many colleges and degrees to help you become a consultant in India. If you want to become a consultant, read the article further. We have provided some very useful information to help you.
Who is a consultant?
A counsellor is a person with professional training in psychology or counselling who acts as an intermediary between the problem and the person dealing with it. The counselor must be very patient in listening to the person and proposing a solution to his problem. This will help people to live a normal life and overcome the problems that prevent them from living a normal life. As a counselor, you will deal with issues such as emotional distress, anger management, stress management, lack of self-confidence, parenting problems, and much more. There are different types of counselors who work with different types of problems. Some are for students and the problems they face at school or university, some for couples and some for professionals and the problems they may face at work. We have listed below the different types of consultants you can become.
Here are some of the different types of consultants you can find in India:
- Career Counselor
- Advisor Education
- Academic Advisor
- Advisor Public Health
- Marriage and relationship counsellor
- Mental Health Advisor
- Rehabilitation counsellor
Criteria for acting as a consultant
There are various courses available for those who want to become consultants in India. But regardless of the course, you must meet certain qualification criteria before you can apply.
- You must have obtained your high school diploma from an accredited educational institution.
- You have to be 12 years old. Completion of one year of study at an accredited college in any field.
The following is the most common admission procedure followed by most higher education institutions in India:
- You have to be 12 years old. I would like to graduate with good grades.
- You must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in psychology or a bachelor’s or master’s degree in psychology or a bachelor’s or master’s degree in psychology.
- Most colleges accept students based on their entrance exam scores.
- Some colleges also organize entrance exams for admission to their college for undergraduate courses.
- After your bachelor’s degree you can continue your studies in a master’s programme.
Some of the best courses to become a consultant in India:
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- M.A. Counselling and Psychotherapy
- M.A. Counselling and psychotherapy practice
- Master of Science in addiction psychology and counselling
- Master of Science in counselling psychology
- M.A. Psychology
- M.Sc. Psychology and addiction counselling
- M.Sc. Advanced research in counselling and psychotherapy
- M.Sc. Behavioral analysis and therapy
- M.Sc. Genetic and genomic counselling
- Master of Science in Advanced Audiotherapy Practice
- Master of Science in Counselling and Positive Psychology
- Master of Science in Child and Youth Counselling
- Master of Science in Family Therapy
- Master of Science in Mental Health and Addiction (dual diagnosis)
- Master of Science in Psychosexual Therapy
- Master of Science in Systemic Family Therapy
- Master of Science in Therapeutic Counseling
- M.Sc. Integrative advice and support
- M.Sc. Psychotherapeutic support
- M.Sc. Systemic practice and family therapy
Apart from this, there are also a number of certification courses, diplomas and postgraduate courses that will help you become a counsellor in India. You will have to select them based on the qualifications you already have. Some need a 12. Standard and some require a bachelor’s or graduate degree in psychology.
Here are some of the specializations you can choose if you want to become a counselor:
- Applied psychology
- Behavioral Psychology
- Vocational training and guidance
- Child Psychology
- Clinical psychology
- Cognitive psychology
- Counselling psychology
- Criminal psychology/criminology
- Developmental Psychology
- The psychology of education
- Experimental psychology
- Forensic psychology
- General psychology
- Health Psychology
- Individual and group psychology
- Industrial and organisational psychology
- Developmental psychology across the life course
- Psychology of Mental Health
- Quantitative psychology
- Rehabilitation psychology
- School Psychology
- Social psychology
- Psychology of Sport
Consultants are very important these days, so there is a huge demand for consultants in India. People no longer look to their parents or elders for help. They want professional help, and that’s where the counsellor comes in. With all the changes in lifestyle, no one has time to listen to the problems of others and offer a solution. So if you are pursuing a career as a counselor, you will have many career options including schools, colleges, psychological counseling and many other places.
If you work as a consultant, you can make a lot of money. If you work in a company or organization, you can earn between 5,00,000 and 6,00,000 rupees. But if you work as an individual consultant, your income depends on the number of clients you have. You can even charge them a session or an hourly rate. It all depends on how popular you are in your field. If you have years of experience in this field and have a good name, you will be able to attract more customers. This way you can make more money.
Some of the best colleges in India to become a counselor:
Finding the right college in India for education is not an easy task as we have several colleges. To become a counsellor, one has to take a course in psychology, and there are many colleges in India that offer such a course. You can also earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree in psychology to become a counselor. But choosing the best from so many universities can be a challenge. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the best colleges in India where you can get your undergraduate and graduate degree.
- Acharya Institute of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru
- Acharya Institute of Advanced Studies, Karnataka
- Acharya Pathasala College of Arts and Sciences, Bangalore
- Al-Jamia College of Arts and Sciences
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Alva College Moodubidir, Karnataka
- Ambedkar University, Delhi
- AV College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Hyderabad
- D. Patna College
- Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Jaipur
- Bangalore City College
- Chaudhary Charan Singh University / Meerut University,
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Dakshin Kamrup College, Kamrup
- DAV College, Kanpur
- Dr Patangarao Kadam Mahavidyalaya College
- M.G.R. Institute for Education and Research
- Ferguson College, Pune
- State College of Arts, Coimbatore
- Government College for Women, Jammu
- DB State Girls Postgraduate College, Raipur
- Government Post Graduate College, Khargone, Madhya Pradesh
- Government Post Graduate College, Madhya Pradesh,
- Maharani Laxmi Bai Girls P.G. Autonomous College.
- IILM University, Gurgaon
- Indian Institute of Psychology and Research Bangalore
- Indraprastha Women’s College, (IP) New Delhi
- Isabella Toburn College, (ITC) Lucknow
- D. Women’s College, Patna
- Jaganath Institute of Management Sciences
- Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi
- Jatiya Kabi Bira Kishore State College
- Jesus and Mary College, Delhi
- Kamala Nehru College
- Kamla Nehru Institute of Physical and Social Sciences, Sultanpur
- Kamla Rai Jai Prakash Vishwavidyalaya College
- Gillard College of Arts, Commerce and Science is a college of arts, commerce and sciences. Kishinchanda Chellarama, Mumbai
- S. Raheja College of Arts and Commerce Raheja College of Arts and Commerce, (LSRCA) Mumbai
- Lady Sri Ram College for women
- Bhagwanpur LN College
- M E S College for Art, Science and Commerce
- Mahatma Gandhi College, Tamil Nadu
- Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith, (MGKVP), Varanasi
- Mahila Maha Vidyalaya, Banaras
- Manav Rachna International Institute for Research and Studies
- Markaz College of Arts and Sciences, Kozhikode
- Mata Sundri College for Women, Delhi
- Maulana Azad College, Aurangabad
- Nalanda Open University
- Nizam College, Hyderabad
- SD College for women Pandit Mohan Lal, Gurdaspur
- Parvatibhai College of Arts and Sciences Chowgoole, South Goa
- Government Girls College, Chandigarh
- College of Applied Sciences, Ernakulam, Kerala
- Providence College for Women, Kozhikode
- D.S. Muzaffarpur College
- N. College, Hempajanthi, Kerala
- SAGE University, (SU) Indore
- Sanskriti University, Mathura
- Shrimati Natibai Damodar Thakkersi Women’s University (SNDTWU) Mumbai
- Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee State College of Arts and Commerce, Indore
- Sindri College, Dhanbad
- Spicer Adventist University, Pune
- Government College Shri K Achuta Menon, Kerala
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University, (SKU) Anantapur
- SRM University, Amaravati
- St. Mary’s College Philomène, (SPC) Mysore
- St. Andrew College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
- College for women
- College for Women with Higher Education, Telangana
- John College, Agra
- St. Joseph’s Degree and PG College, Kurnool
- Girls Peace College (SMCG), Pune
- Pious Degree College for Women, Hyderabad
- Xavier College, Ahmedabad
- Symbiotic College of Arts and Commerce, (SCAC) Pune
- TJC College, (TJC) Bangalore
- Tamil Nadu Open University
- Bhopal School of Social Sciences
- NorthCap University, Gurgaon
- TNB College, Bhagalpur
- Udayanatha Autonomous College of Science and Technology, Odisha
- Vivekananda College, Calcutta
Most of these institutions offer undergraduate, graduate, diploma and certificate courses. So now it is up to you to find the best college and the one that is close to your home. This list can be very helpful in making the right choice. This is useful information on how to become a consultant in India. You can study all the information and then decide whether or not it is right for you. This is one of the best professions among the many options you have. So, if you want to become a consultant, follow the above process and become one. Good luck! !!What is a counselor? Do you know?. Read more about how to become a counsellor and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What qualifications do you need to be a Counsellor?
If you are interested in a career in counselling, and you are considering pursuing a master’s degree, you may want to keep a few things in mind. First, you should be aware of the various types of careers in the counselling field. You may want to consider counselling as a career option if: 1. You want to work with people who have experienced trauma. 2. You want to work with people who have experienced divorce. 3. You want to work with people who have experienced any type of abuse. 4. You want to work with people who have experienced grief. 5. You want to work with people who have experienced unemployment. 6. You want to work with people who have experienced unemployment. A growing number of organizations are turning to psychologists and other mental health professionals as part of the solution to mental health challenges in their communities. However, in order to become a mental health counselor, you need to earn a master’s degree in psychology.
How do I start a career in Counselling?
If you have recently graduated from a university and/or are new to the country, you may have a number of questions about Canada’s educational systems and careers. Your first instinct may be to dive right in without learning about what you have to offer. However, it is important to understand that Canada is a competitive country—in many ways, we are the “little brother” of the United States. Our system is different from theirs, and it is important to know your strengths and weaknesses for the best position possible. After graduating from university you’ll have many options to choose from. The most common route is to go on to university, after which you can choose to pursue a career in a specific field. You could finish your studies by earning a graduate degree, or you may decide to take a different path and pursue a career in counselling.
Do you need a license to be a counselor in India?
Although India is one of the fastest growing countries in the world, the country’s traditional culture of hospitality, and the availability of well-paying jobs in the hospitality sector, have enabled thousands of people to work in the industry as counselors, without having any formal qualifications or professional training, which is leading to alarm bells being raised. You’ve probably noticed that psychotherapists are in high demand in South Asia. A recent UN report found that the country’s population needs health care services, and this is something that the country cannot afford to ignore. It’s no secret that South Asia has a long way to go in terms of economic development, so why not use the skills of therapists to help solve the problem? If you want to get into the field, there is only one thing you have to do—get approved to practice in the country.
Feedback,counselling courses in indiahow to register as a counsellor in indiahow to become a counselloronline counselling courses in indiahow to become a counselor without a degree in indiahow to become a psychological counsellor in india,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to become a counsellor without a psychology degree,how to register as a counsellor in india,how to become a psychological counsellor in india,how to become a counsellor,how to become a counselor without a degree in india,counselling courses in india,online counselling courses in india,is indian institute of counselling recognised