If you notice any abnormalities in your body, your doctor will recommend a test. In some pathology laboratories, you must perform the test according to your doctor’s instructions. A pathologist is a medical professional who performs various tests on the body to find the true cause of a disease. The doctor reviews the pathologist’s report and proceeds with medication and other treatment. In medical terminology, the role of the pathologist is crucial as he is involved in the diagnosis of various diseases.
You should know that the human body is made up of different organs. You can run into all kinds of problems. Our body is like a machine. Because it is a machine, it can be damaged or have problems at any time. In this case, you need appropriate treatment. A pathologist can help you identify the real problem with the body. He’s an expert in the field. If you want to become a pathologist, you must have the passion and zeal to learn the profession from the beginning. To become a pathologist, you need to achieve a certain academic qualification.
Diploma in pathology:
To become a pathologist, you need to have a certain academic qualification. It helps if you try to achieve it in all circumstances.
- You must have completed 10+2 of science subjects with subjects such as physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology. You have to get 60% on the exam.
- Next, you must obtain your MBBS from a reputable medical school. If necessary, you should try to take entrance exams offered by the universities.
- After your MBBS degree, you can specialize in pathology. This course requires rigorous practice and experimentation.
Also read : List of different types of medical courses in India
Skills required to become a pathologist:
It would be helpful for you to acquire certain skills to become a pathologist. In the following lines, you will get to know them.
- If you want to become a pathologist, you have to have a certain detail in mind. In other words: You should have better powers of observation. It can really help you solve this problem.
- You need to get better at analyzing and interpreting data. This is a huge omission in this thread.
- You must have excellent communication skills. This is needed when writing reports and dealing with people.
- They must also have sufficient knowledge of the nature, causes and course of the disease.
- It is important to see that you have a positive approach to patients. You have to remember that pathology is an integral part of medical science.
Steps to becoming a pathologist
To become a pathologist, you have to follow certain steps. If you follow these steps, you can become an accomplished pathologist.
- If you want to be a pathologist, you have to make it a challenge in your life. It helps if you start training after the 10+2. In this part you have to take science subjects with subjects like physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics. After you pass, you can enroll in a number of private colleges. These colleges often hold entrance exams. It’s good when you do these investigations. Separate tests are even being organized by AIIMS, AFMC Pune and other institutes. The exams will take place in May and June. You should pay attention to the review notices. These colleges organize objective tests for the candidates. If you pass the exam, we will invite you for an interview. Admission is based on the results of the exam.
- Candidates must have four and a half years of MBBS training in anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, pathology, orthopedics and other disciplines. Shortly after obtaining the MBBS diploma, you must choose a training program of six months to one year. It’s mandatory and you have to follow it. In this phase you can gain a lot of knowledge and experience. You can now choose pathology as your specialty. During this time, you should encounter other elements related to the pathology.
- And here’s the essential part you’ll want to discover. Approximately how much would a pathology course cost? You should be aware that the cost of fees varies from institution to institution. However, the cost of the course is between INR 10,000 and INR 20,000. If you want, you can opt for a student loan that you can pay back after you find a job. If you are an outstanding student, you can also opt for a scholarship. Many institutions also offer this opportunity to talented and promising students. It helps if you touch it.
Description of activities of pathologist
It would be helpful if you knew the pathologist’s job description as well. As a pathologist, you deal with the tissues, blood, stool and urine of the human body to diagnose a problem in the body. You should be familiar with the modern equipment used for testing. A report containing a detailed description shall be drawn up on the basis of the test. These reports are submitted to the doctors. Doctors begin treatment based on this information. In order to determine the true cause of death, it is sometimes necessary to care for and treat the dead.
You should know that there are different categories of pathologists. You can choose the ideal device. The field of pathology consists of two parts. One is anatomical pathology and the other is clinical pathology. Here are a few of them.
- Pathological anatomy is divided into several sections, such as cytopathology, histopathology and forensic pathology. Cytopathology is the study of cells in the human body. Histopathology is a branch of pathology that studies the tissues and cells that cause changes in the body. On the other hand, forensic pathology is the branch of pathology that deals with the cause of death of people. This is done through various tests. However, forensic pathology is considered essential.
- Clinical pathology is also divided into several areas, namely hematology, immunology and chemical pathology. Hemotology is a branch of pathology that deals with the study of various diseases of the human body. Immunology deals with another set of diseases related to the immune system. Chemical pathology is the branch of pathology that deals with the urine, blood and feces of the human body.
The pathologist’s perspective
There are many options available to you after you complete the course. You can select it accordingly. Most public hospitals and private clinics are always looking for an excellent and experienced pathologist. You can apply for these positions. If you are selected, it can bring you a lot of luck and prospects. Government jobs can be much more reliable and better because they offer higher salaries and also pensions. You can also get a great job in a private hospital. These hospitals also pay decent salaries to their employees.
On the other hand, you have the ability to open clinics. You can do all the tests yourself. This will give you better exposure and perspective. Maybe you should invest in opening a pathology clinic first.
Major Indian pathological institutions
And here are some of the best pathology institutes in India. These colleges are led by the best experienced faculty. If you have the chance to attend these colleges, you should move forward to have a better career.
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- SMS Vellor
- Medical College, Ahmedabad
- Armed Forces Medical Colleges, Pune
- Central Research Institute for Addiction Medicine, Lucknow
- Negroes, Shillong.
If you want a successful career in pathology, you have to go for it. It is an essential branch of medical science that can help you know the exact problem of the body. You must remember that a thorough examination is necessary to diagnose a health problem. Only a pathologist can do that. The profession of pathologist is fascinating and challenging.
frequently asked questions
What qualifications are required to become a pathologist?
ucas, discover jobs, job profile.
Does the pathologist need an MBBS?
Is pathology a good career in India?
Blogging is a career path….
Feedback,how to become pathologist after 12thcareer in pathology in indiastarting salary of pathologist in indiapathologist monthly salarydiploma in pathologypathology courses,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to become a pathologist without medical school,diploma in pathology,how to become pathologist after 12th,starting salary of pathologist in india,career in pathology in india,pathologist monthly salary,salary of md pathologist in india per month,pathology colleges in india