Writer Nick JuddTransfer
The January transfer window may seem like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumor mill is closed! Speculation is rife about the moves over the summer, so check out the latest gossip below and all the official listings here.
TOP STORY : City considers sudden move for Igs
Manchester City are preparing a surprise bid for Southampton’s top scorer Danny Ings, according to Sky Sports.
The former Liverpool striker is entering the final year of his contract on the south coast and the Saints could allow him to leave before he can leave on loan next summer.
Pep Guardiola is looking for a new striker as Sergio Aguero’s contract expires at the end of this season. Aguero is still undecided about his future, so finding a replacement is a priority.
Erling Haaland is one of the names mentioned as a possible target. He is reportedly worth over £100 million and most of Europe’s top clubs, including Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea and Manchester United, are also interested in the Borussia Dortmund striker.
Iggs, 28, is an option for the left side of the defense, but he’s probably available to far fewer players than Haaland. With Southampton this season, he has worked his way up to become one of the Premier League’s top scorers.
Ings has been under contract at St Mary’s for some time now and with his 22 goals last season, he could be a strong candidate to replace Aguero’s goalscoring.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– ESPN+ Viewfinder : Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more.
According to rumours, Manchester City are preparing a bid for Danny Ings of Southampton. Robin Jones/Getty Images
– According to The Sun, Tottenham Hotspur are preparing for the post-Hugo Lloris era, now that the club have yet to sign him, and have drawn up an all-English shortlist of candidates, including Dean Henderson, Nick Pope and Sam Johnston. Lloris has just one year left on his current contract and is expected to return to France. Henderson would be the favourite, but could be harder to get as he would replace David de Gea, while Pope would probably welcome a switch from Burnley. Johnstone has made more saves than any other Premier League goalkeeper and could grab the chance to stay in the top division with both hands.
– Aaron Ramsey is under contract at Juventus until 2023, but according to Calciomercato, Liverpool and West Ham United are reportedly considering bringing him back to England. The 30-year-old has played in just 12 of Juve’s 27 league games this season and is seen by Liverpool as a potential replacement for Georginio Wijnaldum, who could be heading to Barcelona this summer.
– Manchester United have made no secret of their desire to bring Kalidou Koulibaly to the Premier League, but according to Football Insider, they will face competition from Everton this summer. Carlo Ancelotti would prefer a world-class centre-back and Coulibaly, 29, is high on the list of players he believes can have the same impact for the Toffees as Virgil van Dijk and Ruben Diaz at Liverpool and Manchester City respectively.
– Arsenal are making more efforts to sign 22-year-old Martin Odegaard permanently, but his £300m exit clause from Real Madrid is a major stumbling block, according to the Daily Mirror. Odegaard was a revelation in the Gunners’ second game against West Ham United last weekend and the club are desperate to keep him in North London, but they may have to put together an attractive offer to get Madrid up and running.
– FC Salzburg striker Patson Daka is a target for Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal, according to the Daily Mail. The Zambian striker has scored 27 goals in 31 games this season, including 20 in 18 appearances. The 22-year-old was valued at around £17m last summer, but that figure is expected to rise following his good form.
premier league,manchester city defense,man city controversial goal,man city defence,man city offsides,man city score today,Privacy settings,How Search works,what happened to man city today,what did man city do