Gareth Bale scored his first Premier League victory since October 2012.
Gareth Bale’s first goal after his retirement from Tottenham Hotspur helped his team to victory over Brighton and to second place in the Premier League standings.
In an intense Harry Kane match, Spurs led Spurs from the penalty area with a 149 goal. Premier League after the assistant of a video referee had verified that Adam Lallan had been shot by the English captain.
Tariq Lampi scored a controversial goal, a spectacular sweeper 20 years after Solly March seemed to denigrate Pierre-Emile Hoybierg in the build-up phase.
Referee Graham Scott consulted with the field observer before leaving the goal, largely because of Tottenham’s disbelief before Bale’s replacement had the last word.
Welsh striker Sergio Regulon scored a goal for Brighton goalkeeper Robert Sanchez, who scored Spurs’ first goal since May 2013.
Bale celebrated his first goal in seven years and 166 days as if he had won the Champions League and went to the party with his teammates cheering him on.
Jose Mourinho withdrew and tried to extend his stay in Tottenham by taking Bale to a club he left in 2013 to join Real Madrid.
In Spain, Bale was ridiculed as a golfer rather than a footballer after being sidelined by coach Zinedine Zidane, but he played an important role because Spurs was two points away from the leaders of Liverpool.
Gareth Bale describes the Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton winner as an incredible feeling.
Mourinho demanded an answer after the unexpected Europa League defeat of his team on Thursday in a game in which he made four half-time changes.
He got it, although his side was forced to fight against Brighton, which Prime Minister Kane submitted in very controversial circumstances before Bale stole the headlines.
Eric Lamela hit the post, and Kane missed a great opportunity at close range to take his iconic 150th place in the leading group, but it wasn’t a classic exhortation.
But for the second league game in a row they dug deep and got away with three points.
Lamp strikes again
Brighton played without a recognized striker, with top scorer Neil Mopai, younger than 18.
The guests also made their debut with goalkeeper Sanchez, whose last game against Rotherham United for Rochdale was in the top flight last season.
But Graham Potter’s team played good football and at Lamptey, which was a concentrate of energy, they have one of the most notable young talents in the Premier League.
He scored his first goal of his career with an assist from Pascal Gross, who has now scored 16 goals against Brighton in the Premier League, twice as many as any other player in the club.
Potter’s worried his team won’t win enough matches.
Despite the fact that the Spurs have more power than the Spurs, it is now a victory in seven league games.
Tottenham fans love Gareth – that’s what they said in.
Mourinho misses football for the VAR.
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho speaks with the match of the day: It was no surprise because I knew Brighton was a very good team with a very good coach. They caused a lot of problems, but we had a very good reaction after they were balanced.
About Brighton’s controversial equalizer: I have to try to stay out of it. I don’t know what to say.
The winner of Gareth Bale: We needed a goal, and I’ve been telling you for a few weeks that Bale is getting better. I know he doesn’t have 90 minutes Premier League time.
It is good that he is very smart, very experienced and very Tottenham Hotspur with him. He gets it.
We use the European League games to improve his fitness and today he scored a winning goal, which is a great feeling for the team. It’s also a great feeling for the fans, because Tottenham fans love Gareth.
Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Brighton and Hove Albion : Graham Potter is satisfied with the performance.
Brighton chef Graham Potter: We’re talking about our decision to punish. It’s another conversation about evaluation and VAR that I’m not too interested in.
I can’t control what they do when I see them alive, I wasn’t sure about Harry Kane. I’d rather concentrate on our performance, it was very, very good.
I am disappointed with the result, but very happy with the positive side. We pushed Tottenham to the limit and were disappointed to leave with nothing.
Kane Moves into the top 10 of all time – Statistics.
- Harry Kane jumped into the top 10 Premier League bombers in history and finished in 149th place in the league.
- Only the last three have lost more Premier League games this season than Brighton (four).
- Tottenham (14 points) finished the day in second place in the Premier League standings under Mauricio Cochettino for the first time since February 2019.
- Of the 12 players who lost at least 25 penalty points in the Premier League, only Matt Le Tissier (96%) and Thierry Henry (92%) have a higher penalty version than Harry Kane (88%, 22/25).
What happens then?
Tottenham travels to Bulgaria to meet the Europa League Ludogorets on Thursday (17:55 GMT), while Brighton returns to Burnley for the Premier League on Friday (17:30 GMT).
The actors of the game
Brighton and Hove Albion
- Team number2Lamptey Name of the player
- Team number 14Game of playerLallan.
- Team number26 Player nameSanchez
- Team number 8 playersTeam name
- Team number13Player name
- Team number3 Player nameWhite
- Team number34 Player nameFeltman
- Team number20 NamePlayer
- Team number11 Name of playerTrossard
- Team number 4 Name of the player
- Team number33 Player nameeByrne
- Team number10Player nameMac Allister
- Team number30 Player name Bernardo
- Team number18 Player nameWelbeck
- 4 Elderly parents
- 3The area was located in 39 mines
- 11LamelaReplaced by Baleat 70’minutes
- 28NdombelBookt at 7minsReplaced byLo Celsoat 64’minutes
- 7 Seong-Heun Min-Zen replaced by 85’minutes Davisat
- 8 Wink
- 9 balls
- 18Lo Celso
- 27Lukas Mura
- 33Combustion in 45 min.
- 2LampteySubstituted forMac Allisterat 79’minutes
- 3Wh white
- 20. WalkSubstituted by Bernardoat 65’min.
- 11TrossardReplaced by Welbeccaat 74 minutes
- 10Mac Allister
- 29 Qixiri
- 30 Bernardo
- Final matches, Tottenham Hotspur 2, Brighton and Hove Albion 1.
- The other half ends, Tottenham Hotspur 2, Brighton and Hove Albion 1.
- Joel Veltman (Brighton and Hove Albion) wins a free kick in midfield.
- Giovanni Lo Selso (Tottenham Hotspur) is punished after committing an offence.
- Alexis Mack Allister (Brighton and Hove Albion) is punished after committing an offence.
- Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur) swings in a free kick on the left flank.
- Offside, Brighton and Hove Albion. Robert Sanchez shoots on, but Dan Byrne’s out.
- Yves Bissuma (Brighton and Hove Albion) hits a free kick on the left wing.
- Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur) will be punished after committing an offence.
- I missed a shot. Giovani Lo Celso (Tottenham Hotspur) scored with his left leg outside the penalty area but missed his shot on the left side. Supported by Gareth Bale.
- Attempted rescue. The title of Adam Webster (Brighton and Hove Albion) in the middle of the box is kept in the top left corner. With the support of Pascal Gross.
- Harry Kane’s handball (Tottenham Hotspur).
- Replacement, Tottenham Hotspur. Ben Davis (inside) comes from the bank to replace Seon Heung Min.
- Adam Webster (Brighton & Hove Albion) gets a free kick in the defensive half.
- Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur) is punished after he has committed an offence.
- Relief, Brighton and Hove Albion. Alexis McAllister replaces Tariq Lampty with an injury.
- Relief, Brighton and Hove Albion. Danny Welbeck is replacing Leandro Trossard.
- Aim! Tottenham Hotspur 2, Brighton and Hove Albion 1. Direct Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur) from the center of the box to the top left corner. Supported by Sergio Regulon with a cross.
- Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur) hits the left beam with a right shot from the left side of the six yard box. With Gareth Bale’s help, follow the corner.
- I missed a shot. The title Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur) in the middle of the box is close by, but missing on the left side. Supported by Giovanni Lo Celso with a cross around the corner.