As per UPSC, Civil Service Exams are a set of competitive examinations for recruitment to various Central and State government services. The candidates are required to appear for the Civil Services Examination (CSE), which is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), to get the opportunity to join in the service of the Government of India.
Civil Service (CSC) is the premier career for young, bright and motivated people. It is a challenging and demanding career that has a direct and positive impact on the nation’s economy. CSC is a rewarding career opportunity that attracts bright people from all walks of life.
Civil Service is a major government employment program in India. It is the backbone of the country’s administrative structure, which includes the five-tier Civil Services (I, II, III, IV, V) and the three-tier Indian Administrative Service (IAS, IPS and IFS) . Civil Services Examinations is a major national-level entrance examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to various civil services of India.. Read more about upsc age limit increased to 35 and let us know what you think.Indian Administrative Service or IAS is one of the most prestigious jobs in India. There are also IPS and IFS, which all fall under the category of Indian utilities. Every year thousands of students dream of taking the civil law exam. The exam for all these positions and more is the Civil Service Exam (CSE). This is considered one of the most difficult exams in India and you will have to put in a lot of effort to pass. Some people even try three or four years to pass this exam and still fail. This will help you understand the difficulty level of the exam. So, if you also want to prepare for the civil services exam in India, you will find some very useful information about it here :
What is a civil service examination?
The CSE or Civil Services Examination is held every year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) of India. The selection process usually begins in October and takes almost a year to complete. The examination takes place in three phases: an initial exam, a first exam and a personal interview. Thousands of candidates enroll in the CSE and only a few pass the entrance exam. Nevertheless, the number of pre-selected candidates is at least 10 to 15 times higher than the actual needs. This will help you understand the difficulty of the civil service exam. It takes almost a year to complete all three phases. On completion of the selection procedure, selected candidates will be required to undergo appropriate training to be appointed to their respective positions. The civil service exam is administered for two types of positions: Group A and Group B. Familiarise yourself with all the posts involved in a competition for civil servants: All Indian services:
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian Forest Service (IFoS)
Group A contributions :
- Indian Audit and Accountability Service
- Indian Civilian Accounting Service
- Department of Indian Corporate Law
- Indian Defence Accounts Service
- Indian Defence Materiel Service
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Information Service (primary school)
- Indian Arms Manufacturing Service (Deputy Superintendent of Factories, Administration)
- Indian Accounting and Finance Department P&T
- Postal Service India
- Indian Railway Accounts Department
- Indian Railway Recruitment Services
- Indian railway service
- Tax Bureau of India (CBEC)
- Indian Revenue Service (Central Customs and Excise)
- India Revenue Service (I.T.)
- Indian Merchant Service
- Post of Deputy Commissioner for Safety in the Railway Safety Department
Group B contributions :
- Armed Forces Civilian Personnel Department (Officer’s Class Section)
- Officials of Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman and Diu, and Dadra and Nagar Haveli Police Department
- Pondicherry civil service
- Pondicherry Police Station
Admission to public service examinations
If you wish to participate in the Indian Civil Services Examination, you need to meet certain qualification criteria. They depend on your education, age and many other factors. To take the officials’ exam, you must have at least a university degree. It can be obtained from any recognized university or college in India. You can also obtain a high school diploma in any subject to apply for admission to CSE. In what follows, we have taken into account the factor of age. Only nationals of India can participate in the civil services examination.
Public Service Examination Schedule
To prepare for the civil service exam, use the following curriculum. The test consists of three steps:
- Regional indicators
- Personal interview
Preparatory measures : At the preparatory level, you have two exams – General Studies I and General Studies II. 200 marks will be awarded for each piece of work and the total exam will consist of 400 marks. A threshold score is announced for each category and only those who score above that threshold score are allowed to participate in the next level test. General studies I :
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Economic and social development
- General questions on environmental ecology, biodiversity and climate change
- General Science.
- History of India and the Indian national movement.
- Geography of India and the world
- Indian politics and governance
General studies II :
- Basic numerical skills
- Evaluation of data
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Understanding of the English language
- Overall mental performance.
- Interpersonal skills, including communication skills ;
- Logical thinking and analytical ability.
Syllabus for the main subject:
The main exam consists of nine different parts: an essay, four general science parts and two optional parts, and two language parts.
- A work in an Indian language of your choice.
- An English newspaper.
- Write an essay
- General studies I
- General studies II
- General studies III
- General studies IV
- Optional document I
- Optional document II
The main exam is worth 1750 points and the personal interview is worth 275 points. This amounts to a total of 2,025 points. Only the marks of the basic examinations and the personal interview will be taken into account. Preliminary exams are only a qualifying test and these scores are not counted at all. The interview will also be the most difficult phase, so you need to be well prepared.
Age limit for civil service examination
If you are writing the civil service exam, you should read the ad very carefully. Age is one of the most important factors to consider. So, here’s some information about age.
- Applicants for the USE must be at least 21 years old and no older than 32.
- For candidates of SC/ ST group, a derogation of five years is applicable.
- OBC candidates will be granted leniency for three years.
- Veterans and women get a five-year age reduction.
Public service examination fee
You must pay the tax if you want to register for the civil service exam. It is different for different categories, and here is the information for you.
- For men of the general category, the registration fee for the preliminary examination is Rs. 100 and for the main examination Rs. 100. 200.
- For OBC and EWS members, the registration fee for the preliminary exam is Rs. 100 and for the main exam Rs. 200.
- Female candidates in all categories are exempted from paying the application fee.
- PH/ SC/ ST candidates are also exempted from paying the examination fee for civil servants.
As for the payment method, you can choose between online and offline payment. The online payment can be made according to the options offered to you. If you want to pay offline, you need to do so at the State Bank of India. You can print the receipt and go to the nearest SBI bank to make the payment.
Registration procedure for public service examinations
Below is the registration procedure you must follow to take the civil service exam.
- First, do thorough research on the notice and make sure you meet all the requirements.
- Now go to the official website of UPSC and click on the link you want to apply.
- You will be asked for certain information, such as your personal details, educational background, address and identity card. You must complete all details and submit all relevant documents as scanned copies.
- You will also need to upload your photo and copies of signatures.
- Once you have done all this, you will be redirected to the payment page. You can choose to pay online or even offline.
- When you pay online, you should choose the options available on the website.
- If you are making the payment offline, print the receipt and go to the nearest State Bank of India. You can make a payment and get a receipt. Once you have the Challan number, you need to enter it on the same website and complete the registration process.
- When you are done, you will get a confirmation which you should download and save for future use.
There are more than 5 lakhs job opportunities in India’s civil services, which includes the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service and Indian Police Service (IPS) . IAS is the premier service of the Government of India. Every year, candidates appear for the All India Competitive Examination (AICEE), commonly called Indian Civil Services (CSE) exam, to choose the eligible candidates for these prestigious posts.. Read more about upsc age limit for obc and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is age limit for civil services exam?
In order to join Indian civil services examination, you should be above 18 years of age and should have been born on or after 01-01-1988. Candidates appearing in the UPSC Civil Services examination are expected to be a minimum of 18 years of age as on the last date of application.
What is the fees for IAS exam?
Candidates who are eligible for civil service examination in India are those who have completed their graduation and post graduation from any recognized university/ Institution. Candidates who have passed the Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA) may also apply for civil service examination. Age Limit for Civil Service is 22 years for General/OBC/SC/ST candidates and 24 years for candidates belonging to the two reserved categories. The Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is a professional career civil service conducted by the government of India in accordance with the Union Public Service Commissions Act, 1961, for recruiting candidates for the Indian Administrative Service. The service is conferred on candidates who have been appointed as a Secretary to the Government of India or the Government of a state, who have the necessary minimum qualifications as prescribed by the Central Civil Service (Conduct) Rules, 1964.
What is the minimum age to become an IAS officer?
Candidates for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) are required to pass the All India Competitive Examination (CSE) as a prerequisite to qualifying for the IAS. In this article we will discuss what, when and how much you need to pay to take the competitive exam in India. The most common career path for young people in India is joining the Indian Administrative Services (IAS) and it is the largest recruitment process in the country. The recruitment to the Indian Administrative Service is done on a very large scale and the number of candidates who have been invited for the various shortlisting rounds is in the thousands. This article is for those who are interested in joining the Indian Administrative Services and want to know the minimum age limit which they need to pass before they can be eligible to join the Indian Administrative Service.
Feedback,civil service exam syllabusias exam age limitupsc age limit increased to 35ias age limit for femaleupsc civil services exam 2020 syllabusupsc age limit for obc,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,Certificate Physical and Huma…,India's Struggle for Independe…,Indian Polity,Introduction to the Constitutio…,Geography of India,Indian Art and Culture,See more,upsc age limit increased to 35,ias age limit for female,upsc civil services exam 2020 syllabus,upsc age limit for obc,upsc age limit 2020,upsc civil services exam 2021 syllabus,what is upsc exam,upsc civil services exam 2021 general studies-paper-i syllabus