One of the hardest courses is MBBS and if you want to be a doctor, you have to become a bookworm. The medical profession is one of the most noble professions in the world. It is the only profession that has a chance of saving someone’s life. To become a doctor, you will have to work hard and it will not be an easy road for you. From the very beginning of your training, you need to plan for this.
A doctor can choose any specialty: Gynaecologist, paediatrician, oncologist, cardiologist, obstetrician, general practitioner, orthopaedist, dermatologist, haematologist, nephrologist, pathologist, physiotherapist and many others. One of the most popular specialties that many people choose is that of cardiologist. A heart specialist is called a cardiologist, and his job is to work with people who need specialized heart care.
If you are considering becoming a cardiologist, you have come to the right place. In this article, you will learn more about how to become a cardiologist, how and when to start preparing, how long it takes, and what your role as a cardiologist will be. All this information can help you make the right decisions and prepare for your goal.
About the cardiologist
A cardiologist is a doctor who specializes in treating heart disease and other complications of the heart. As a cardiologist, you can treat congenital heart disease, coronary heart disease, heart failure, and heart valve disease. These doctors only treat patients who already have heart problems or who have had problems in the past. They look at the current scenario and can predict if there will be problems in the future. Like any other specialty, a cardiologist has different specialties; a pediatric cardiologist is different from a cardiologist who works with adults. If you are passionate about a career as a cardiologist, this is one of the best jobs for doctors out there. You can save lives. A cardiologist can diagnose, treat and prevent any cardiovascular disease in the future.
How do you become a cardiologist?
The first question that comes to mind for anyone considering becoming a cardiologist is how to become a cardiologist. You must start the process after completing the 10. Then you can achieve your goal of becoming a cardiologist. Here’s a step-by-step guide to your training as a cardiologist.
- After completing class 10. In class, you can choose between two groups. One is math and the other is biology. If you want to study medicine, you should choose biology instead of mathematics.
- You need to get your 12. Fill the stand with at least 60% stamps. This gives you easy access to MBBS.
- You must pass an entrance exam to be admitted to MBBS. There are many different entrance exams like EAMCET, NEET and others for admission to medical colleges. The MBBS course lasts five and a half years, one year of which is devoted to internships.
- To become a cardiologist, you must also complete postgraduate studies. You must have a PhD or a master’s degree in medicine. To be admitted to the PhD program, you must also pass the entrance test. India has a number of entrance exams such as BHU MD, NEET-PG, Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research entrance exam, Delhi University medical graduate entrance exam and many other entrance exams. It is important that you pass these placement tests in order to be admitted to graduate school. This will be a three-year course. At this point, you need to decide on a specialization. You should choose cardiology, then become a cardiologist.
- If you want to become a cardiologist, you need to get a doctorate (DM). They are accredited by the Medical Council of India. That’s three more years. You can apply to various institutions as a cardiologist and open your own practice.
In terms of employment, you will have a variety of positions in public and private hospitals. It takes almost 11.5 years to complete the training in cardiology. You can also request quotes from cardiology clinics and specialty clinics in your area.
After completing the course, you can choose from a variety of careers.
Cardiothoracic surgeon: If you have ever seen or met a doctor who still performs heart or blood vessel surgery, that doctor is a cardiologist. It will take a lot of practice and training to reach this stage. You can’t become a surgeon without a medical license.
Interventional Cardiologist : This doctor will be responsible for different types of cardiovascular diseases and heart problems. This treatment process is called catheterization.
ECG (electrocardiography) Technologist : Some people with heart problems have problems with irregular heart rhythms or arrhythmias. These specialists help doctors assess these problems during treatment and diagnosis.
Director of Cardiology: This is the most senior position you will be offered if you work in a cardiology department. You will be the head of the department and will lead it. You are responsible for other staff and physicians in the cardiology department. You have to help several doctors who are unable to make the right decision to treat a critical condition.
Interventional Cardiologists : The interventional cardiologist will take on more functions than the invasive and non-invasive cardiologist.
Invasive cardiologists: If you have clogged arteries, your invasive cardiologist is responsible for diagnosing this type of problem.
Apart from this, there are many other responsibilities that you will have to face when you study cardiology. If you don’t want to join a public or private organization, you can have your own practice in your own clinic. This will be an interesting and easy task for you.
The salary of a cardiologist will be very high. A junior cardiologist can earn between 10 and 12 million euros. If you get a few years of experience, you can earn a lot more. You can earn between 20-40 lakhs per year depending on your experience. If you work as a cardiologist in a government hospital, you can earn up to Rs. 1,00,000 per month, but you will get additional benefits as a government employee. A doctor’s income is always high and good.
Here are some courses you can choose for your postgraduate education:
- Bachelor of Science in Cardiovascular Engineering
- Diploma in Cardiovascular Engineering
- Cardiothoracic surgery DNB
- M.D. in Cardiology
- M. C. Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- M. Chinese Cardiology
- Master of Science in Cardiac Care
- PG Diploma Course in Clinical Cardiology (PGDCC)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cardiology in the Community
Any of the courses listed above can help you reach your goal. You must choose this specialization during your graduate studies.
Some of the best colleges in India to become a cardiologist:
Whether you choose cardiology or another specialty, it is important that you make an appointment with one of the best cardiology schools. It will not take much effort to get a seat in an MMBS, as every city and district in India has at least one or two medical colleges. But your PhD and DM are very important, and choosing a good university can be a daunting task. Some top institutes select students from top colleges and thus try to get the best score in the entrance test and get a place in the top college.
Here is a list of some of the best colleges in India that offer cardiology specialization:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Institute of Medical Sciences and Amrita Research Centre
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu.
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)
- BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad.
- Central Research Institute for Addiction Medicine, Lucknow
- Christian Medical College, Vellore (Vellore CMC)
- D Y Patil University, Navi Mumbai.
- Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), Punjab
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)
- Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Pondicherry
- Negroes, Shillong.
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
- Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Postgraduate Medical Institute.
These are the colleges from which you can choose a college for your MD in Cardiology degree. All information provided meets the needs of students who want to become cardiologists. Check all the information and then you can decide if cardiology is best for you or not.
frequently asked questions
How many years does it take to become a cardiologist in India?
How old do you have to be to become a cardiologist?
What should I do after high school to become a cardiologist?
Feedback,how many years to become a cardiologistat what age do you become a cardiologisthow to become a cardiologist surgeon in indiahow to become a cardiologist after 12th in indiawhat is the salary of cardiologist in indiahow to become a cardiologist in australia,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,at what age do you become a cardiologist,what is the salary of cardiologist in india,how to become a cardiologist in australia,how many years to become a cardiologist,how to become a cardiologist after 12th in india,how to become a cardiologist without mbbs,how to become a cardiologist surgeon in india,courses required to become a cardiologist